Semper fi, everyone! For some time, Primal Wear has led the way with creating designs for the various US military branches. We’re going to take a quick look at the styles for the US Marines. (Note that 83 Sportswear also has some great designs, including a new red, white and blue one that is to be revealed soon.)
Marines Cycling Jerseys
So, we do have a lot of red and blue going on here. One of my favorites was the dress blue jersey they came out with a couple of years ago, but I can’t find it now. (Apparently, I wasn’t the only one who liked dress blues!)
As a general rule, the designs use the globe, eagle and anchor emblem of the Marines, just in different applications. The black camo “Semper Fidelis” design is the most recently one with the emblem shadowed on the front and the seal on the sleeve. The dark one with the seal on the chest is listed as low stock and I haven’t seen it around much lately, so I think this one is on the way out.
The red vintage design has the US flag on one sleeve, Marines seal on the other and a large version of the globe emblem on the back. It’s also listed as low stock at Sun & Ski, but I’ve found it at Performance Bike as well. The bright red sleeveless shirt is part of the oldest design family. You can still find it in short-sleeved and long-sleeved versions as well.
I do really like the women’s Liberty design, but not sure why they went for such a different color scheme for that one. No blue or red anywhere.
- Primal Wear U.S. Marines Semper Fidelis Cycling Jersey – At Amazon.com
- Primal Wear US Marines Cycling Jersey – At Sun & Ski Sports
- Primal Wear Men’s U.S. Marines Vintage Cycling Jersey – At Sun & Ski Sports
- Primal Wear Marine Tradition Jersey – At Amazon.com
- 83 Sportswear Men’s USMC Pain is Weakness Cycling Jersey – At Amazon.com
- Primal Wear US Marines Sleeveless Jersey – At Amazon.com
- Women’s USMC Marine Corps Liberty Cycling Jersey – At Amazon.com
Marines Cycling Accessories
Not sure if shorts really count as accessories, actually. But they aren’t jerseys, and I tend to think of anything other than a bike jersey counting as an accessory. At least from a novelty standpoint.
The shorts are definitely getting harder to find, which is unfortunate. The warmers definitely match older jerseys, but I see them around a bit still.
- Primal Wear U.S. Marines Semper Fidelis Black Camo Shorts
- Primal Wear Men’s U.S. Marines Vintage Cycling Shorts
- Us Marines – Mens Dress Blues Cycling Shorts 2x-large Black
- Us Marines – Mens Logo Arm Warmers Large Red
- U.S. Marines, USMC, Coolmax Cycling and Running Socks
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a cup of coffee. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog I would wear personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”