So I had this great plan to do a post on England cycling gear. Then realized that like many Americans, I tend to forget there’s a difference between England and Great Britain or the United Kingdom. Doh.
I quickly got reminded of that as I started hunting down gear. Because if you start going after the United Kingdom, the number of items starts to add up quickly as you toss in England, Scotland and Wales separately. (No one seems to remember Northern Ireland. Sorry.) And it quickly becomes quite cumbersome and more than any of you want to actually read or peruse. Trust me.
So we’re sticking with just Great Britain today, which means lots and lots of the Union Jack interpreted in various ways. (Yes, I realize that’s still not the same thing as the United Kingdom. Please forgive the fact that the terms will get used a bit interchangeably below. I’m using whatever name the manufacturer did.)
Great Britain Cycling Jerseys
You’ll quickly see just how popular the Union Jack is as a design element. (No surprise since it’s still quite hot for home decor, actually.) I have the images for all the ones I tracked down with a list just below them because there is no way I can talk about them all.
There are two basic ways the flag gets used – as the design or as an element in the design. So sometimes you get the pretty basic and fairly obvious whole-front is just the flag bit. Occasionally it might be put off center, made to wave, or even distressed to make it a little artsy. My favorite of those is definitely the Kooplus jersey (top row, center) with the brushstroked flag done off-center, although the United Kingdom flag design from ScudoPro (bottom row, center) is pretty classy looking.
Of the limited number of jerseys that just bring in the flag as one part of the design, I definitely love the black ones from Pactimo – one for the guys and one for the ladies. Unlike a few other jersey lines they have, there aren’t coordinating shorts with these, unfortunately.
- Kooplus British Flag Bib Short Cycling Set – $47.99 at LightInTheBox
- Kooplus British Flag Cycling Set – $49.99 at LightInTheBox
- Kooplus British Flag Cycling Jersey
- Canari Cyclewear Great Britain Cycling Jersey
- ICE Great Britain Cycling Jersey – $79 at BikeMania, mens and womens
- Foska Great Britain Cycling Jersey – £48.95 at Foska, men’s and women’s
- Great Britain Cycling Jersey – From £59.99 at PushBikeWear, youth and unisex adult
- Great Britain Cycling Shorts – From £69.99
- Great Britain Cycling Jersey – Men’s – $95 at Pactimo
- Great Britain Cycling Jersey – Women’s – $95 at Pactimo
- Team UK Cycling Jersey
- Team UK Cycling Shorts
- Great Britain Cycling Kit
- Endura England Flag Cycling Jersey
- World Jerseys United Kingdom Cycling Jersey
- United Kingdom Flag Cycling Jersey – men, women and youth sizes, long and short sleeves
- United Kingdom Cycling Jersey – men, women and youth sizes, long and short sleeves
Great Britain Cycling Accessories
Far fewer specific items when it comes to cycling accessories, but there are a couple of helmets for you and a few things for your bike. I think the bottle cage and tire would make for a slick-looking combination on a bike with any of the flag’s colors.
- Nutcase Union Jack Bike Helmet
- Lazer KruX Helmet: Union Jack
- Bike Handlebar Bell “Union Jack Flag”
- Elite Custom Race Resin Union Jack Bottle Cage – Union Jack
- Innova Pro Patriot England Tire
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, probably enough to get a cup of coffee. I generally only recommend products or services on this blog I would wear personally and believe you will find cool as well. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”